Monday, February 22, 2010

We had a girl weekend

Happy Monday! I know, I know, I said I'd blog more.. I really haven't had anything to say and I don't want to just post a random rambling blog.

Since Hubby is still gone for work. I can't wait for him to come home this week YAY!

K and I decided to have a girl weekend. Friday night we rented movies her-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (cute!) and Me- Julie and Julia. We made pizza's on tortillas and popped popcorn and had some mini chocolate chip cookies. That was dinner during the movie YUMMM...

Saturday we went shopping:
Target, all we ended up buying is a hot chocolate for her (kid size less that $2) and I got a free tall coffee because I brought my coffee bag in (yes we do buy and drink Starbucks even at home!)

Toys R Us- K had a gift card with just over $10 on it. She got 2 horse figurines and we both decided on a new board game for family game night. Sorry Sliders-FUN. K has a lot of games but they are for younger kids so we are going to start incorporating "older" games in and getting rid of the old ones, like Candy Land. :)

Then we wanted to grab some lunch so we went to our favorite place to go together-Panera Bread.

I was going to go grocery shopping after lunch but after eating I didn't feel like going grocery shopping LOL (I went today after the gym)

We came home and played her new game and we also had a "dog show" and "horse show". I judged and she trotted them around and did tricks with them. She was having so much fun in-fact that when her friends came over to ask her to come out and play (ride bikes) she didn't want to go play!

Sunday:
Church, we both decided to give up something for Lent. Me: Chocolate and K: being bad and not listening.

The weather was so nice we decided to go run (she rode her bike) on the track. I normally do 5 miles, but she wanted to do 6. We did 6, but after 3 she was complaining that she was tired, her butt hurt ect. She pushed through and we finished (not like we had a choice lol) I could have kept running, the weather was perfect!
We played Sorry Sliders again and she watched her rented movie again for like the 4th or 5th time. I decided to buy it for her today, when I returned the movies. I haven't got her anything for her honor roll report card, so I decided the movie would be for that. When hubby gets home, we are going to go do something, museum or something.

Today it was back to normal! I must have pushed my workout too hard today. My legs were noodles by about half way through sculpt class, I still had to do yoga.. Spin takes a lot out of me and I pushed it today and then when we worked legs in sculpt, I guess they decided they had enough. If you haven't been to yoga before. DO IT. Most people think it's just stretching. I am the person that can do cardio sessions hours long. But it is hard for me to hold and balance a pose for 30 or so seconds. Good Stuff.

K's bus just passed she will be walking in the door any minute now. Snack and homework time.

Hope everyone has a good week.

~Angela

2 comments: