Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blood Mary

WOW I've been so busy this week that it hasn't even dawned on me I haven't posted since Monday :)

I have been reading many of your blogs though, I just haven't posted.  Mainly because time has gotten away from me and also maybe because I haven't had anything to say..

K has been freaked out over the stories she is hearing from kids at school about Bloody Mary, Candyman and those fake scary stories we all learn when we are younger and try over and over and fail to work ALWAYS.  You know why? Because they are NOT true!!  She wouldn't tell me what was bothering her at first because she was afraid with all of the mirrors in the house.. finally in the car one day she told me.  I squashed that and told her it's just myths and stories made up.  She finally was getting some sleep.  My poor 9 year old was too scared to sleep!  She was so scared one night she was getting sick!!

WELL last night, after her being ok for a good couple of weeks.  She comes in and asks if she can sleep with us.  NOW her friend has brought a book of hauntings to school....  are these people TRYING to give my baby a heart attack?  THIS one however, I will skirt for a while and comfort her and pay attention to what I say.  I do believe in hauntings.  I told her our house isn't haunted and she is perfectly safe.  Needless-to-say she slept with us last night LOL....

I was totally opposite from her.  I was the one wanting to know more about all of that spooky scary stuff.  I LOVE LOVE LOVED scary movies!!!  I watched Candyman when I was about 10... it scared the crap out of me... but I loved it.

My daughter just isn't like me at that age.  That is going to be a tough obstacle for me, I don't want to scare her, but this is normal kid stuff and I think in a way she does have to deal with it.. LUCKILY school is out next Friday!!!

We did sign her up for camp though... lets hope no one there scares her.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment