Thursday, September 23, 2010

It is really happening?



My tomboy is turning into a girl!  YAY! She came to me this morning and asked me which of her necklaces she should wear.. WHAT?!  My baby girl is wanting to wear one of the various necklaces, myself or family members have bought her over the years, that she has discarded and hung over her various t-ball, little league and cheerleading trophies!!!  Not only is she currently wearing 1, but she is wearing 2 of them because she couldn't decide!

I knew this day would come.  In fact, I was a tomboy growing up as well.  I do not remember what age or when I turned into a "girl" but it happened.  I am sure it also coincided with the observation of the opposite sex... OY! NOOO

I am not ready for my little girl to be into boys for many reasons.  The most being of course I am scared of her being hurt, it happens to everyone at some point!  Also the moment kids start noticing the opposite sex, they stop caring about school and care more about what they look like, who to impress, who is cool, and so on. I do not like drama and am not ready for her pre-teen drama yet!  She isn't even 10 yet, I have 9 days before she is a 10 year old!! I am not ready for her to be a "tween" yet.

I think I am going to write out her goals and thoughts and interests at this milestone of a decade of her life.  If not for her for me.  I think it will be fun to look back on it in a few years and see if she is still the same little girl :')




Happy first FULL FALL DAY!

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment