Thursday, September 16, 2010

motivation or lack there of....

I have been so faithful with my workouts lately.  But I skipped yesterday (I had to buy groceries and do yard work) that is ok it's not like I sat on the couch and ate brownies all day..lol but it set me into a spiral.

Today I was NOT motivated to run.  I had to give myself a pep talk and the fact that I knew I'd feel awful later in the day if I didn't go.. because I know whether I run or not I'm going to eat the same amount!

I forced myself out to put on my workout clothes and running shoes.. picked music (Journey today, not usually running music but it's what I wanted to listen too) and just did it...  I went farther and longer today than normal.  Sometimes we can get our best workouts when we are not motivated...

Note to self: just get out there and do it, even if you don't feel like it

I would love to go to Starbucks and get another Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte and I would in fact, if I hadn't been to lazy to put a bra on after showering... lol  yes that's right ... I hate bra's and being the size I am.. I need one..

Happy Thursday all
~Angela

2 comments:

  1. I totally get the motivation thing, but once you start you just can't help but keep moving and pushing harder. Love Pumpkin spice Latte's too, thank god for drive thru:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I had been biking my kids to school all year so far and this week I have only done it once. Just can't get motivated.

    ReplyDelete