Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Am I losing my mind?

In the words of my favorite Christian Study writer/leader Beth Moore. I think I'm losing my ever lovin' mind!

I went to the grocery store today in

wait for it

MY SLIPPERS!!!

I got out of the car and happened to look down and BAM slippers. OH MY! I initially was EMBARRASSED, but after rationalizing it in my mind. "I am not going back home just to put shoes on". I laughed. OUT LOUD. Yes in the parking lot of the grocery store. I think I AM losing my ever lovin' mind!

I only needed a few things from the grocery store (30 to be exact-including my individual yogurts ect) so I wasn't worried about running back home for shoes. Also my slippers have rubber soles, they actually look like UGGs but they are slippers. Oh well. No one noticed, at least if they did they didn't say anything.

So I have turned into "THAT" lady, the one wearing slippers to places outside of the house. haha.. and I've lost my ever lovin' mind heehee..

If K was with me, she probably would have been mortified. The hubs would tell me to go home and get shoes, I'm sure. But it was just me and to be honest, I just didn't care that much :)

I hope you all had a good laugh today. I know I did!

~Angela

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha. That's awesome. I'm pretty sure my mom did that a few times:) I don't wear slippers often, and the ones I have aren't easy to walk in, so I think I'd notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is hilarious! Sounds like something I would do. Actually that happened to me last week! Was taking my son to soccer practice. Got down to the field and realized I had my slippers on. I just told him to go on. I didn't get out of the car. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha I love it. I once went on a school field trip. Black dress shorts, black sleevless golf shirt, NEON pink crocs. Forgot to change my shoes as I left the house:) It happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHEW.. it's good to know I am NOT the ONLY one.. haha.. they really do feel like shoes but I ALWAYS wear them so I know to change hahaha.. I got a good laugh in at myself today. Told K and Hubby they both laughed with (AT) me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny! I almost went to WORK the other day in my slippers. Luckily, I caught myself in the garage!

    ReplyDelete