Monday, March 15, 2010

Random Recipe Monday

I am making spaghetti tonight. I make my own meat sauce. I've decided to post the recipe for my homemade sausage meat sauce. (SUPER EASY)

1 can of regular tomato sauce (I use hunts it's either a 12 or 14 oz can)
1 can of flavored diced tomatoes. any flavor you want
1-1 1/2 pds of ground meat (I use ground turkey)
1 tsp of fennel seed
1-2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of chopped onions (use more if you like more)
salt and pepper to taste

I use the same pan for it all so the flavors from the meat all fuse in with the sauce.

heat the oil in a medium size pan
when the oil is hot, add the ground meat and the fennel seed, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. (FYI the fennel seed turns the meat into sausage)
when meat is browned drain if needed (if you use a fatty meat or too much olive oil)
add the tomatoes (drained) and mix with the meat
add the can of sauce and mix together
heat through until it bubbles, then lower heat to a simmer and simmer covered for at least 30 minutes.

I put the sauce on top of whole wheat pasta and freshly ground some parmesan or regiano (spelling?) cheese on top.

tonight I am going to make some garlic bread and salads to with it. my quick garlic bread isn't fancy it's whole wheat bread with butter and some garlic powder on it, then I put in in the oven to toast. Then you can grind some fresh cheese over it when it comes out of the oven. Or do bread like you like it.. this is my go to bread when I don't have any crusty bread made.

ENJOY :) one of my favorite meals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment