Wednesday, November 4, 2009

5 free paid sick days

I just heard on the news a bit ago .That the CDC is trying to push for a bill to get passed that people who do not usually get paid when they are out sick, will get up to 5 paid sick days for illnesses such as the flu. That is great. I've always had a job that gave me paid sick time. I always felt bad for those who didn't get paid if they were out sick. Many people go to work sick for that reason, therefore get others sick. It could be the local fast food worker or retail worker who is a single parent or struggling to pay bills, and can not afford a day off without pay. They go to work sick and can therefore make US sick as well.

However, this is another area that us stay-at-home mom's get the shaft. Where are MY paid sick days? I'd settle for someone coming in and cleaning my house and making dinner for my family.

I have the flu STILL, although today I did manage to vacuum. That took so much out of me, I was so out of breath from this one little task it just doesn't make sense! I thought it was a good sign that I was hungry for the first time in about 3 days, so I heat up some soup, take 3 bites and am done with it. That's when I decided to vacuum, after that I forced down about 3/4 of the soup I had made because lets face it I NEED the calories and nourishment. Now I feel like I need a nap. I really want to just be better!

Dear Mr/Ms. Flu Virus:
Will you please leave me already? You wore out your welcome within the first few minutes you were here. Yet, 3 days later you are still here. Please be so kind as to leave me now.

thank you,
~Angela

1 comment:

  1. Sigh, I wish this would apply to me, but sadly I don't even think this bill includes hourly paid employees. Such a bummer~! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete