Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Being Thankful
















I am continuing posting something I am thankful for daily.

I am thankful to have the time to spend with K and DH alone.

I love time with them together and alone time as well. But I really enjoy one-on-one time.

Today was look and learn day at K's school. This is where parents can go to the school from 9-12 and observe their child learn and interact with them. Then eat lunch with them as well. That was really fun. Since K forgot she had PE today, I played cops and robbers with her and her 3rd grade class in high heel knee high boots... I was cute though LOL... no honestly. I couldn't run fast and was tagged a lot and when I was the cop I only tagged like 2 kids.. Those little legs make them fast! HA! At one point a kid fell down in front of me, I simultaneously twisted my ankle and jumped over the kid. I am proud to say I did not fall!!!

Since the school lunch of baked chicken, green beans and pineapple pieces was merely a snack to me. When I got home DH and I decided to try out this new British themed restaurant that just opened here. I got the sheapards pie.. I think it's my new favorite restaurant. I really has a blast looking through the "beer bible" not looking at the different beers, but the word translations. I thought it was funny that if you are making fun of someone it British, you are "taking a piss"... WOW totally means something else here!!! The car horn is called a "hooter" that was cute!

I would also like to say that since today is Veteran's day. I would like to say THANK YOU to all the men and women who served before, with and will server after, me and my DH!

Have a great day

~Angela

2 comments:

  1. Happy Veteran's Day :) This year, with the birth of my son so close, I truly have lots to be thankful for...I don't think life has ever been this good! I feel very lucky :)

    I noticed some of your pics seem to big for the alloted space on the posts...is it just my computer, is it intentional, or do you need a quick explanation on how to resize them? (if it's the last, you can email me at penelopesoasis@yahoo.com and i'll explain [it's easy peasy] how to resize those photos for posts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, A UK reader here I just wanted to say that "taking a piss" means the same thing here as I am assuming it does over with you "Taking the piss" on the other hand means making fun of someone!

    ReplyDelete