Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In a funk

This week has been a pretty upsetting week.. Monday my beloved dog of 10 years passed away at the vet, in my arms. She was sick, we knew it was coming. I can say all the "what if's", what if I didn't take her to the vet, she may still be with us. BUT, then she would be suffering still and if she had passed away here at the house, what would I do with her body, I can't bury them in my yard. What if they didn't take blood, this one is upsetting, because they took it to find out what is wrong. BUT I think they knew it would be bad for her. They tested her and she in anemic, her body temp was 93 WAY low, she was 101 when we went 4 days before and the vet said it was normal. After they drew blood the Vet came in to see how she was doing, a minute or so later, she passed! What if we went to a better vet in Louisiana? They were obviously a crappy vet because they didn't find ANYTHING or TEST for anything. This vet found Hannah was anemic, had hypothyroid disease, A UTI and kidney stones and a bladder stone! WTW how did the other vet not find that stuff!! I feel almost as if it's my fault since I didn't take her to a better vet. Hannah was missing the hair on her tail for a LONG time now, and her skin was black in most parts. This vet immediately knew it was probably thyroid and tested for it.. HOW DID THE OTHER VET NOT KNOW TO TEST FOR THAT?! I think the anemia would be found then too.

Needless to say, I am in sort of a funk. I haven't left the house since I got home Monday. I don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything. There are things I need to do and I told my little girl I'd take her to Target today to get a Halloween costume and pick out a dress and new shoes for her concert at school. I suppose I'll have to do that still. I didn't go to the gym today and I love going to my classes. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I'm sure this all will pass. In fact when I got up and it was time to let my other dog Zoey out and feed her it was easier. Yesterday I broke out in a full blown boohoo.

I think I am just going to lay around today and get cleaned up to take K. to the store this afternoon and GO ON with my life starting tomorrow! I hope :) Don't get me wrong, I'm functioning. The house is clean, laundry is done, meals are cooked. K. has went to school all week with a healthy packed lunch, and a sandwich with a picture cut into it. Yesterday was a heart and today a witch hat, I'm back to my Halloween theme. Life goes on!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Those little furry friends are true members of the family. You should have a big boo hoo, and then give yourself a break...time.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I've had my big boo hoo and I am better now.. She will always be missed and I will never forget her!

    ReplyDelete